Layoffs at Philadelphia Style

first_imgNew York-based luxury magazine publisher Niche Media laid off a number of editorial and creative staffers at Philadelphia Style Monday.According to a report in the Philadelphia Daily News, Niche Media CEO Jason Binn declined to offer details like how many employees were let go but indicated that publisher John Colabelli and editor Sarah Schaffer will remain with the magazine. Binn told the paper: “We’ve had to accelerate the realization of our operating efficiency.” He said he plans to increase the magazine’s frequency from six issues per year to eight.Binn could not be immediately reached for comment. In April, Niche Media purchased DLG Media Holdings, publisher of lifestyle and fashion magazine Philadelphia Style and online publications DC Style and ACConfidential.com, from Dana Spain-Smith.Last fall, Niche Media finalized an agreement that effectively unified its operations with controlled circulation publishers Greenspun Media Group and the Ocean Drive Media Group. Las Vegas-based Greenspun was said last week to have reduced its workforce by 10 percent.last_img read more

Star Wars Resistance episode 19 The First Orders reign allows No Escape

first_img Star Wars told by a CNET intern who’s never seen it He orders his Stormtroopers to arrest Doza, but the captain tells droid 4D-M1N (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) to “stop them.” She goes into a previously unseen combat mode and takes several troops down before being blasted by Pyre. With his ally destroyed, Doza is tossed into a cell.Pyre’s shiny gold armor looks beautiful in this scene’s bright lighting. He’s a total jerk but has plenty of style.zro-ff-002574-1The Resistance members hatch their plan. Lucasfilm The Colossus is more than a platformNeeku Vozo (Josh Brener), Kel (Anthony Del Rio) and Eila (Nikki SooHoo) end up in the Colossus’ main control room and back Kaz up by opening and closing hatches. However, they also discover that the platform has a hyperdrive.This basically confirms that the Colossus is a mobile space station; a very exciting prospect. Kaz orders Neeku to get the platform in the air. TV and Movies Culture Tags Comments Now playing: Watch this: All the Star Wars movies, from the cheesy to great, ranked 2 It’s great to finally see the emotional weight of Hosnian Prime’s destruction. Princess Leia’s reaction added some depth to Alderaan being destroyed in A New Hope, but Hosnian Prime was just an unnamed world getting blown up in The Force Awakens. At last, we’ll see a survivor reacting to it.Even though the New Republic can’t help any more, there are still two sources of backup in play for the second part of the season finale. A number of Kaz’s friends went to Takodana to seek help (most likely from Maz Kanada) and the pirates are still itching for a little payback after being betrayed by the First Order.Star Wars Resistance airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel, DisneyNOW and Disney Channel VOD. Share your voice 5:29 Assuming they manage to kick the First Order off it, the Colossus could end up being the Resistance’s base after it was scattered in The Last Jedi. This is major speculative territory, but it could make a cinematic appearance in Episode IX — is it too much to hope that some of the characters could make their live-action debuts as well? Justin Ridge, one of the show’s executive producers, hinted at the possibilities around this in an interview with Good Morning America last week.zro-ff-002594-1These guys look super cool. Lucasfilm Scuba troops!Seeing new Imperial units was always fun in Rebels (the previous Star Wars CGI show), but we haven’t really seen any new First Order troopers in Resistance… until now. As he swims outside the Colossus, Kaz encounters a pair of Stormtroopers in scuba gear.Like the jumptroopers in Rebels, their specialized outfits are awesome. Their blasters also have a cool effect on the water when they open fire on Kaz, even if they’re predictably poor shots.zro-ff-002578-1Tierny sows the seeds of doubt in Tam. Lucasfilm Tam gets an offerThe very charming First Order Security Bureau agent Tierny (Sumalee Montano) continues to get into the head of captive mechanic Tam Ryvora (Suzie McGrath) by making her believe Kaz and her boss Jarek Yeager (Scott Lawrence), who’s also in First Order custody, betrayed her.With Tam set against her friends, Tierny offers to make her dream of becoming a pilot come true if she joins the First Order. Since her prospects on the Colossus seemed limited, this is pretty much the offer of a lifetime. Will she go for it?zro-ff-002637-1Kaz and Tam sneak around before coming around the holo of Hux’s speech. Lucasfilm There is no more New RepublicKaz’s plan goes awry in the closing moments of this episode, when he and Torra Doza (Myrna Velasco) see a holographic projection of General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson) delivering his fanatical Starkiller Base speech from The Force Awakens.Then the First Order superweapon fires, wiping out five planets in the Hosnian system. This includes Hosnian Prime, the seat of the New Republic government and Kaz’s homeworld.”My parents… my home,” he says, bringing the episode to a dark conclusion. 23 Photos The First Order is about to come out of the shadows, as General Hux delivers his speech. Lucasfilm Well, that escalated quickly.We’re in the first half of the two-part season 1 finale of CGI animated series Star Wars Resistance and thrown right into the events of The Force Awakens.With the Colossus refueling platform underwater, two of his friends in First Order custody and his cover blown, Resistance-spy-posing-a-mechanic Kazuda Xiono (AKA Kaz, played by Christopher Sean) plans a daring rescue. After that, he’s going to get to a shuttle and escape to Hosnian Prime, where he’ll persuade his father — who’s a New Republic senator — to send reinforcements and wrest the Colossus from First Order control.A solid plan…spoilers-starwarsDoza’s droid is deadlyFinally sick of the First Order pushing people around on his platform, Captain Doza (Jason Hightower) confronts Commander Pyre (Liam McIntyre) and threatens to bring in the New Republic.”We are well beyond the Republic’s reach,” says the ever-sinister Pyre. “Fortunately, they are not beyond ours.” Disney Star Warslast_img read more

Shocking Radhika Apte was the first choice for Vicky Donor was replaced

first_imgRadhika AptePR HandoutIf sipping coffee with Karan Johar on his chat show Koffee with Karan was not enough, celebs seem to be having a rough time dealing with Neha Dhupia’s scary spice on her chat show – No Filter Neha. From candid revelations to shocking confessions, celebs on the show have said it all, bared it all. And the recent revelation that comes from Radhika Apte has taken us aback.Radhika Apte and Ayushmann Khurrana graced the finale episode of No Filter Neha and bared their hearts out. Talking about a role she lost out on due to body issues, Radhika Apte revealed that she was the first choice for ‘Vicky Donor’. She said that she had been selected without giving an audition for the female lead in the film, but, the makers wanted her to lose weight. She revealed that though she was never fat, the makers had a particular weight and shape in mind and hence had asked her to lose weight. Radhika, who was supposed to go on vacation had promised them that she would lose all the weight within the given time frame of two months. First, the makers agreed, but, later decided to replace her with Yami Gautam.Radhika revealed that though she takes criticism at work very positively, this particular didn’t go down well with her and left her worried. She revealed that she had stopped eating for a long period after that episode.Well, with the fabulous choices that Radhika seems to be making these days and the amount of popularity she has gained, it was certainly a loss for the makers Shoojit Sircar and the team and definitely a massive gain for Yami Gautam, who hasn’t had the same amount of success after that.last_img read more

Aishwarya Rai to be roped in for Koratala Shivas next movie with

first_imgThe first look teaser of Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy is unveiled. It hints the life of Indians during the British rule and the rise of a hero who led a revolutionary movement against them.Finding a heroine for Megastar Chiranjeevi is definitely a big task for any director nowadays. The actor is too old for any young heroine in the industry now and not all the actresses with whom he was worked are not in acting anymore.For Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy, he has teamed up with Nayanthara and in Khaidi No.1, he was seen shaking leg with Kajal Aggarwal. Well, it is known that Chiranjeevi is going to team up with director Koratala Shiva, who made films like Mirchi, Janatha Garage, Srimanthudu and Bharat Ane Nenu. All these films have been huge hits at the box office and the director has nothing but back to back hits in his kitty now.So his upcoming film with Chiranjeevi is said to be going on the floors next year and it is expected to be launched on Ugadi.As per the source, after getting in touch with all the possible heroines for this film, it is said that the director is now in the process of getting in touch with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to play the leading lady in this film. If this news is true, there’s no wonder why he has approached the Bollywood diva.The senior most actresses down south are Nayanthara, Shriya Saran, Trisha, Tamannaah Bhatia and Anushka Shetty. But it looks like none of them has given nod to this project.Well, bringing Aishwarya Rai to act with Chiranjeevi is definitely not a bad idea. “The makers are trying to bring the best actress on board and they are not going to compromise with the budget. Because it is still in the pre-production stage and hasn’t been launched, the producers do not want to make any official statements about the cast,” said a source close to the direction team. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on the Cannes 2019 red carpet.Twitter / RCFAOn the work front, Chiranjeevi has even completed dubbing for Sye Raa and as per the reports, the film is going to hit the screens on October 2.last_img read more

Residents Of Texas Town Feel Helpless After Church Shooting

first_imgTwitter via @Heidistevens13 Shrine to the victims of the Sutherland Springs shooting.Volunteers donated blood at a community hall and others stocked the refrigerator and laid out loaves of bread at a food pantry as the stunned community of Sutherland Springs struggled to recover from the shooting at a Baptist church that left more than two dozen dead.Law enforcement officials reopened the intersection Thursday where the First Baptist Church sits, but black mesh material was tied to the chain-link fence surrounding it. With the church door open, a tall wooden cross could be seen at the altar.Judy and Rod Green, who married at the church 15 years ago, prepared Thursday to open the By His Grace food pantry next door for a weekly Friday morning meal service.A few blocks away, Alice Garcia, a Sutherland Springs native and the president of the unincorporated town’s community association, prepared with her husband, Oscar, the annual Veterans Day memorial on the grounds of the community hall, when the church victims with military backgrounds will receive a full military salute.“Everyone in the community is doing what they can, but honestly everyone feels so helpless,” 20-year-old Karyssa Calbert of neighboring Floresville, Texas, said at the hall.Six months pregnant, Calbert couldn’t donate blood but came to the community hall to offer moral support. “People are donating time, donating money, donating prayers, but it still feels like it’s not enough,” she said.The church will be demolished, the pastor said.LYNDA GONZALEZ / KUT NEWSMona Rodriguez holds her son J. Anthony Hernandez during a candlelight vigil held on Sunday night for the 26 people killed in a shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs.Pastor Frank Pomeroy told leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention earlier this week that it would be too painful to continue using First Baptist Church as a place of worship.Pomeroy discussed the state of the building with the denomination’s top executives, who traveled to the rural community in a show of support, a national Southern Baptist spokesman said.The pastor described the church as “too stark of a reminder” of the massacre, spokesman Sing Oldham said.No final decisions can be made without consulting congregants, but Pomeroy discussed turning the site into a memorial for the dead and putting up a new building on property the church owns, Oldham said.Valeria Villasenor, an assistant to the church, said she and others were trying to figure out a temporary solution “to have our doors open for our congregation,” whether by cleaning up and painting the church’s interior or holding services in a different building.Charlene Uhl, mother of 16-year-old Haley Krueger, who died in the attack, agreed that the church should come down.There should still be a church “but not here,” she said Thursday.Jeannie Brown, visiting from Indiana, stopped at the site with her daughter, who used to live in Sutherland Springs but left decades ago for San Antonio.Asked whether the church should be destroyed, Brown said: “Yes. Who would want to go back in there? But then if it is destroyed, does that mean he (the gunman) won?”Other sites of mass shootings have been torn down, including Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults in December 2012. A new school was built elsewhere.A one-room Amish schoolhouse near Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was torn down in 2006, 10 days after an assailant took children hostage and shot and killed five girls ages 6 to 13.The previous site of the school is now a pasture. A nearly identical schoolhouse with a security fence was erected nearby and named New Hope School.The father of the Texas church gunman broke the family’s silence and said his relatives are grieving.Michael Kelley spoke to ABC News on Wednesday from his home in New Braunfels, about 35 miles (55 kilometers) north of Sutherland Springs.He said he does not want the “media circus” surrounding the attack by Devin Patrick Kelley to destroy “our lives, our grandchildren’s lives.”The gunman shot and killed 25 people at the church. Authorities have put the official toll at 26, because one of the victims was pregnant.Eleven people injured in the attack remained in hospitals Thursday. Sharelast_img read more