Steve Komphela Kaizer Chiefs coach Steve Komphela feels aggrieved by the Christmas break Ernest Makhaya 18:10 12/17/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Backpagepix Kaizer Chiefs PSL The Amakhosi mentor feels the timing of the Christmas break came at a wrong time for his team, but he has plans in place to keep the team motivated Kaizer Chiefs head coach Steve Komphela has lamented the timing of the Christmas break following his side’s win over Ajax Cape Town on Saturday night. A Dumisani Zuma goal was enough to take Amakhosi to 22 points after 15 league games, and Komphela is hoping that they can keep up the momentum going into the second half of the campaign. Chiefs resume the season with a clash against SuperSport United in January, and Komphela wants his charges to come back with the same energy they showed against the Urban Warriors. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player “We hope we’ll keep up the momentum, but we now have to go off for a minor recess and be back for the game against SuperSport. It feels more like an international break where you are just about to get your momentum and then there is a stoppage‚” Komphela told the media after the game.“We’ll have to come back again and try fight and get into SuperSport with the energy we showed against Ajax. It’s going to be very difficult,” he said. Despite eventually walking away with the three points against Stanley Menzo’s side, Komphela felt Chiefs were supposed to wrap up the game very early in the game given the goalscoring chances they created on the day. “In the first half we made quite a number of entries, but there was nothing to show [in terms of goals]‚” he continued. “In the second half‚ I thought we should have made our lives a bit easier [by breaking the deadlock) earlier, but that’s the name of the game,” added Komphela. Komphela admitted Zuma scored a beauty of a goal, and although he admitted that Chiefs didn’t look structurally co-ordinated, the 50-year-old was pleased with the three points collected in Durban. “It was a beautiful goal‚” said Komphela of Zuma’s goal.“At times it looked like structurally we were not well co-ordinated, but we are delighted with the victory‚” concluded Komphela.
Howard Smith-USA TODAY SportsPhiladelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly, who has used two quarterbacks all season, joked that Nick Foles will start at the QB position for this week. The only thing is, the Eagles have a bye this week.Now that QB Michael Vick is healthy enough to play again, Kelly will have to answer a question seriously next week.How can you bench Foles? That is an answer Vick himself wants to know.“In all honesty, in all fairness, how can you take a guy out of the game who’s been playing so well?” Vick told WIP 94, via CSN Philly, on Thursday.“I’ve been in this stage before, and I know what it’s like. I understand the position that this team is in, and the one thing I never want to do is be a distraction or put our team or our coaches in a position where they feel like they’re not doing the right thing or I feel like they’re not doing the right thing. I trust what’s going on, I enjoy being a part of it, I love the game of football in general. So it’s important to me to be there in support and be ready if my name and number is called again.”Philadelphia has won three-straight games and is at the top of the NFC East behind Foles. He also hasn’t thrown an interception all season.“He had an opportunity to learn from me this year and last year and just sit behind me and pick my brain, and he also went out and played the game, and now he’s just taking that and everything is unfolding for him,” Vick said. “He’s going out there and everything he’s worked for and put into his game, he’s putting it to work, and that’s what you’ve seen.“He can potentially be a starter in this league for a long time. It’s just about timing, as of right now. As long as he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s going to continue to build that case.”
Enlarge ImageThis is the second lawsuit Tesla has faced this year following a fatal collision with Autopilot active. Nick Miotke/Roadshow Earlier this year, the family of a Tesla Model X owner who was killed in a collision when the car’s Autopilot was engaged filed a lawsuit against the automaker in California state court. Now, the Fremont-based automaker has a second, similar suit to contend with.The family of Jeremy Banner is filing a wrongful death lawsuit against Tesla, asking for damages in excess of $15,000, The Verge reports. According to NBC affiliate WPTV, the lawsuit was announced on Thursday, and it should be filed shortly in Palm Beach County, Florida. A Tesla spokesperson declined to comment.The collision occurred on March 1. Banner’s 2018 Tesla Model 3 was traveling southbound on State Highway 441 in Delray Beach when it struck an eastbound tractor-trailer. The crash ripped the roof off the Model 3, killing Banner. According to the NTSB’s preliminary report, Banner engaged Autopilot approximately 10 seconds prior to the collision, and the system did not detect the driver’s hands on the wheel “from less than 8 seconds before the crash,” the report states. The report says the vehicle was traveling about 68 mph before the collision, 13 mph over the posted limit. The NTSB notes that both data and videos show that neither the car nor the driver initiated any sort of evasive maneuver prior to the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.The crash has parallels with another, similar collision that also claimed the life of a Tesla driver. In May 2016, Joshua Brown’s Model S collided with the side of a tractor-trailer, killing him. The resulting preliminary report from the NTSB did not find Tesla at fault, and it also refuted claims that Brown had been watching a movie just before the crash. Tesla’s Model X gets artsy Tags Car Industry Electric Cars Comments 30 Photos Share your voice 17 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value More From Roadshow 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous 50 Photos According to the NTSB’s preliminary report, Banner engaged Autopilot approximately 10 seconds prior to the collision, and the system did not detect the driver’s hands on the wheel “from less than 8 seconds before the crash,” the report states. The report says the vehicle was traveling about 68 mph before the collision, 13 mph over the posted limit. The NTSB notes that both data and videos show that neither the car nor the driver initiated any sort of evasive maneuver prior to the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.The crash has parallels with another, similar collision that also claimed the life of a Tesla driver. In May 2016, Joshua Brown’s Model S collided with the side of a tractor-trailer, killing him. The resulting preliminary report from the NTSB did not find Tesla at fault, and it also refuted claims that Brown had been watching a movie just before the crash.Banner’s family is the second family to file a lawsuit against the automaker. Earlier this year, the family of Walter Huang sought damages from the automaker due to perceived negligence on Tesla’s part. Huang’s Model X collided with a highway barrier while Autopilot was active in Mountain View, California. Following the crash, Tesla issued a statement casting blame on Huang while simultaneously touting the benefits of its system, although the NTSB’s preliminary report pointed to several contributing factors. Tesla Tragedy Tesla Model 3 barrels through the snow in Track Mode Tesla
Indian pedestrians walk on Dalal Street – Trader’s Street – next to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in Mumbai on March 7, 2014.INDRANIL MUKHERJEE/AFP/Getty ImagesIndian shares were muted on Thursday with losses in heavyweights such as Tata Consultancy Services Ltd offsetting gains in consumer stocks including Hindustan Unilever Ltd, a day ahead of a no-confidence motion against the government.The broader NSE Nifty was flat at 10,980.35 as of 0717 GMT while the benchmark BSE Sensex edged up 0.19 percent to 36,441.69.On Friday, the parliament will debate a no-confidence motion tabled by opposition parties against the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government on Wednesday, the first day of the monsoon session. Visitors walk outside at the opening of the Winter session of Parliament in New Delhi on December 5, 2013.RAVEENDRAN/AFP/Getty ImagesBroader Asian shares struggled to hold earlier gains made after upbeat Wall Street earnings, with MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan down 0.19 percent.”The participation is sort of muted with individual portfolios not doing well. Only Nifty-based portfolios are protected … frustrating investors,” said Deepak Jasani, head of retail research at HDFC Securities.”They are disappointed their portfolio values do not seem to reflect Nifty’s bullishness seen in recent times,” Jasani said.Nifty mid-cap 50 index fell as much as 1.8 percent and is down over 13 percent this year as of the last close.Technicals suggest Nifty has strong support at 10,929 points whereas 11,046 acts as a strong resistance. The BSE index, which hit a record high on Wednesday, has strong support at 36,278 and resistance at 36,692.Housing Development Finance Corp and Tata Consultancy Services, down nearly 1 percent each, were the top drags on the NSE index.Mid-cap IT stock Mindtree Ltd lost 12.2 percent, its biggest intraday fall since Sept. 2011. Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd and Hexaware Technologies Ltd were also trading lower.State-run lenders, however, gained with the Nifty index of PSU banks trading 1.6 percent higher. Bank of Baroda Ltd advanced 3.9 percent.Consumer stocks advanced, with Hindustan Unilever gaining 1.3 percent.
AKM Mozammel HuqLiberation war affairs minister AKM Mozammel Huq on Monday said he feels embarrased after a court had asked him to include people, who were four year olds during the 1971 war, in the list of freedom fighters.The minister was speaking at the parliament in reply to a question from opposition member Kazi Firoz Rashid.”The court has asked me to pay them arrears of 23 years as well. How can we name four year olds as freedom fighters?” he asked.Mozammel said many non-freedom fighters are getting FF allowances and the ministry is facing problem due to misinterpretation of the law.If the court passes an order after looking into the cases the problem could be addressed, he observed.Speaker Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury advised the ministry to present the matter before the court through lawyers.Replying to another question in the parliament, the minister said a list of freedom fighters will be published on the ministry’s website within the next three days.If any freedom fighter is excluded from the list, s/he should file an application to the ministry, who will then look into the case.
For the month of January, the Rustic Grills at 1911 offers exotic fare of grilled specialties peppered with finest of ingredients that capture your senses in an elegant and historic of 1911, this New Year. The offer is on from 15 January till 13 February. The winter collection at The Spice Route offers a sumptuous, warm and delectable for winters, the healthy and all time famous collection menu by Chef Veena Arora offers electic mix of recipes from the South-East Asian kitchen of The Spice Route. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’For the month of February, San Gimignano, La Baguette and 1991 brings you the Valentine special from . This valentine’s day surprise your loved one with sinful desserts at La Baguette or set a romantic culinary journey with the ‘Unique Dining Experience’ created with intricately structured canopies exclusively at San Gimignano lawns and 1911 lawns. March brings you the Aromas of Bengal at Daniell’s Tavern from March 10 – 25. Satiate your love for Bengali cuisine as the Executive Chef Vishal Atreya brings you palate, inspires gourmet from Kolkata, the culinary capital of Bengal. From Daab Chingri to Shukto and Illish Maach Bhape, the spices, the flavours and the aroma will delight you in each bite. Also quench your thirst for smashing cocktails paired with cognac and spruced up with chocholate at 1911 bar and Patial Peg.