San Diego DA Summer Stephan fights to keep Jesus Cecena behind bars

first_imgSan Diego DA Summer Stephan fights to keep Jesus Cecena behind bars August 22, 2018 Posted: August 22, 2018 KUSI Newsroom, Mike McKinnon III, Categories: Local San Diego News Tags: Summer Stephan FacebookTwitter 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – San Diego District Attorney Summer Stephan will fight to keep Jesus Cecena behind bars.Cecena, a gang member from the Skyline neighborhood, shot and killed Officer Archie Buggs in 1978. Cecena has been granted parole three times in recent years.But each time, Governor Jerry Brown has reversed the decision.KUSI spoke with District Attorney Summer Stephan, she says she will be attending the hearing. KUSI Newsroom, Mike McKinnon III last_img read more

Tesla sued for wrongful death after fatal crash involving Autopilot

first_imgEnlarge ImageThis is the second lawsuit Tesla has faced this year following a fatal collision with Autopilot active. Nick Miotke/Roadshow Earlier this year, the family of a Tesla Model X owner who was killed in a collision when the car’s Autopilot was engaged filed a lawsuit against the automaker in California state court. Now, the Fremont-based automaker has a second, similar suit to contend with.The family of Jeremy Banner is filing a wrongful death lawsuit against Tesla, asking for damages in excess of $15,000, The Verge reports. According to NBC affiliate WPTV, the lawsuit was announced on Thursday, and it should be filed shortly in Palm Beach County, Florida. A Tesla spokesperson declined to comment.The collision occurred on March 1. Banner’s 2018 Tesla Model 3 was traveling southbound on State Highway 441 in Delray Beach when it struck an eastbound tractor-trailer. The crash ripped the roof off the Model 3, killing Banner. According to the NTSB’s preliminary report, Banner engaged Autopilot approximately 10 seconds prior to the collision, and the system did not detect the driver’s hands on the wheel “from less than 8 seconds before the crash,” the report states. The report says the vehicle was traveling about 68 mph before the collision, 13 mph over the posted limit. The NTSB notes that both data and videos show that neither the car nor the driver initiated any sort of evasive maneuver prior to the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.The crash has parallels with another, similar collision that also claimed the life of a Tesla driver. In May 2016, Joshua Brown’s Model S collided with the side of a tractor-trailer, killing him. The resulting preliminary report from the NTSB did not find Tesla at fault, and it also refuted claims that Brown had been watching a movie just before the crash. Tesla’s Model X gets artsy Tags Car Industry Electric Cars Comments 30 Photos Share your voice 17 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value More From Roadshow 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous 50 Photos According to the NTSB’s preliminary report, Banner engaged Autopilot approximately 10 seconds prior to the collision, and the system did not detect the driver’s hands on the wheel “from less than 8 seconds before the crash,” the report states. The report says the vehicle was traveling about 68 mph before the collision, 13 mph over the posted limit. The NTSB notes that both data and videos show that neither the car nor the driver initiated any sort of evasive maneuver prior to the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.The crash has parallels with another, similar collision that also claimed the life of a Tesla driver. In May 2016, Joshua Brown’s Model S collided with the side of a tractor-trailer, killing him. The resulting preliminary report from the NTSB did not find Tesla at fault, and it also refuted claims that Brown had been watching a movie just before the crash.Banner’s family is the second family to file a lawsuit against the automaker. Earlier this year, the family of Walter Huang sought damages from the automaker due to perceived negligence on Tesla’s part. Huang’s Model X collided with a highway barrier while Autopilot was active in Mountain View, California. Following the crash, Tesla issued a statement casting blame on Huang while simultaneously touting the benefits of its system, although the NTSB’s preliminary report pointed to several contributing factors. Tesla Tragedy Tesla Model 3 barrels through the snow in Track Mode Teslalast_img read more

Shocking Radhika Apte was the first choice for Vicky Donor was replaced

first_imgRadhika AptePR HandoutIf sipping coffee with Karan Johar on his chat show Koffee with Karan was not enough, celebs seem to be having a rough time dealing with Neha Dhupia’s scary spice on her chat show – No Filter Neha. From candid revelations to shocking confessions, celebs on the show have said it all, bared it all. And the recent revelation that comes from Radhika Apte has taken us aback.Radhika Apte and Ayushmann Khurrana graced the finale episode of No Filter Neha and bared their hearts out. Talking about a role she lost out on due to body issues, Radhika Apte revealed that she was the first choice for ‘Vicky Donor’. She said that she had been selected without giving an audition for the female lead in the film, but, the makers wanted her to lose weight. She revealed that though she was never fat, the makers had a particular weight and shape in mind and hence had asked her to lose weight. Radhika, who was supposed to go on vacation had promised them that she would lose all the weight within the given time frame of two months. First, the makers agreed, but, later decided to replace her with Yami Gautam.Radhika revealed that though she takes criticism at work very positively, this particular didn’t go down well with her and left her worried. She revealed that she had stopped eating for a long period after that episode.Well, with the fabulous choices that Radhika seems to be making these days and the amount of popularity she has gained, it was certainly a loss for the makers Shoojit Sircar and the team and definitely a massive gain for Yami Gautam, who hasn’t had the same amount of success after that.last_img read more

New Taylor Swift Film Has Glitchy Debut on Apple Music

first_img Taylor Swift fans hoping to watch the pop singer’s concert on Apple Music on Sunday were instead greeted by “Blank Space.”The superstar’s concert documentary, The 1989 World Tour Live, was set to go live on Dec. 20, but the premiere of the film, which is exclusive to the Apple Music platform, wasn’t as smooth as the tech giant would have liked.Meant to be available for viewing on iPads, iPhones, iPod touch, Macs and PCs with iTunes and Apple TV, fans were met with crashes, glitchy streaming or the inability to even locate the movie. Since Sunday morning, Apple Music Help twitter account has continued to field customer-service requests from frustrated users as of this story.Related: Taylor Swift’s Latest Trademark Filings Reveal a Shrewd Business Strategy@bentisdell We’d like to look into this with you. Can you tell us where you’re located? Send us a DM to get started.— Apple Music Help (@AppleMusicHelp) December 21, 2015@DFN_Jade We’d be happy to help you out with your playback issues. DM us which device you’re using and we’ll go from there.— Apple Music Help (@AppleMusicHelp) December 21, 2015@flynnetyth That’s definitely not right. Let’s look at what might be causing this. DM us with the device you’re using to watch the concert.— Apple Music Help (@AppleMusicHelp) December 21, 2015@polly1301 Let’s see what we can do to get you watching. Can you tell us the software versions your devices are running? Follow up in a DM.— Apple Music Help (@AppleMusicHelp) December 21, 2015Ahead of the Apple Music launch in July, Swift took to Tumblr in a post titled, “To Apple, Love Taylor,” to take the company to task about how during the streaming service’s three-month trial period, the artists, writers and producers in question would not be compensated.Related: Why Taylor Swift Is Now the Most Powerful Person in TechLikely not looking to run afoul of Swift and her sizable music industry clout (especially given how much attention was paid to the singer’s decision to remove her music from Spotify in 2014) , Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet and software, tweeted to Swift that the company would change its policy.#AppleMusic will pay artist for streaming, even during customer’s free trial period— Eddy Cue (@cue) June 22, 2015We hear you @taylorswift13 and indie artists. Love, Apple— Eddy Cue (@cue) June 22, 2015Back in October, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the music streaming service had more than 15 million users, with 6.5 million paying the $9.99 monthly subscriber fee. And in December, with all forgiven between the two giant business entities — Apple Music was the lone streaming service to offer the massive hit album 1989 to listeners — Swift announced the streaming deal with Apple on Twitter, on her birthday earlier this month. Judging by the volume of complaints, it seems like the partnership will work out quite nicely for both parties once the technical difficulties are resolved.Related: Yes, Believe It: Taylor Swift Is a Customer Retention Expert Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. 3 min read December 21, 2015center_img Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global Register Now »last_img read more

Raise your hand if you want to stay at Taco Bells new

first_imgRaise your hand if you want to stay at Taco Bell’s new hotel Travelweek Group Tags: Taco Bell IRVINE, CA — Taco Bell is opening a hotel. We repeat – Taco Bell is opening a hotel.What a time to be alive! The fast-food chain revealed last month that it will be opening its first-ever hotel in Palm Springs, California called ‘The Bell: A Taco Bell Hotel and Resort’. With excitement building nationwide ahead of the hotel’s August launch, the company has just announced that reservations open on Thursday, June 27 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on its website.But here’s the catch: the adults-only (18+) pop-up hotel will only be open for four nights.First check-in begins Aug. 8, with final checkout on Aug. 12, with no minimum night stay. And with such a small window of opportunity, you better believe guests will be booking with visions of burritos dancing in their heads.Taking over an existing hotel at 333 E. Palm Canyon Drive, The Bell offers over 70 rooms across four room types: one king bed (standard view), one king bed (pool view), two queen beds (standard view), and two queen beds (pool view). Pricing starts at US$169 per night, with rooms going on a first come, first serve basis. More news:  Universal enhances popular Harry Potter vacation package with new perksWhat would a Taco Bell-themed hotel look like, you ask?“The hotel draws on Taco Bell’s vibrant palette to create a unique and flavour-filled destination that is the ultimate expression of the brand, unlike anything the brand has done before,” said Taco Bell’s Senior Director of Retail Engagement and Experience, Jennifer Arnoldt. This means that every element of the property will embody the Taco Bell brand and lifestyle, from guestrooms, the pool and outdoor bar, to a twist on the standard hotel amenities (Taco Bell breakfast in bed anyone?).No two days at The Bell will be the same, with performances by Feed the Beat artists, dive-in movies and the first-ever Freeze Lounge, inspired by Mountain Dew Baja Blast, where guests can enjoy frosty beverages.As for food? Well, duh, it’s Taco Bell all day, all night long!Guests will be served Taco Bell’s version of a poolside resort menu in addition to exclusive Taco Bell menu items that will make their debut at the hotel. More details on food will be announced next month.More news:  Honolulu authorities investigate arsons at 3 Waikiki hotels; no injuries reportedRoom reservations are expected to go quickly, so hurry up and run for the border! Share Posted by Friday, June 21, 2019 << Previous PostNext Post >>last_img read more