Inter boss Luciano Spalletti slams Arsenal and claims they tried to ‘con’ Ivan Perisic

first_imgSpalletti will now try and get Perisic’s mind back focused on Inter (Picture: Getty)On Inter director Beppe Marotta’s decision to go public with Perisic’s transfer request, Spalletti added: ‘I don’t know if it was a good idea or not to say Perisic wanted to leave, but the player received an important proposal and said he was open to it.‘When he realised the offer was not what he thought, he took a step back, but the damage had already been done. Announcing the situation just created tension around him and the team. Now he’s starting to get back in line, but it’ll take a while.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal The Italian coach suggested Arsenal’s interest was never really genuine (Picture: Getty)Inter Milan manager Luciano Spalletti has criticised Arsenal’s brief pursuit of Ivan Perisic and says the Croatian winger had been ‘conned’ by the Gunners.Perisic handed in a transfer request when he was made aware of Arsenal’s interest, missing the defeat against Torino and ordered to train by himself, though the north Londoners were only prepared to do a loan deal without a compulsory option to buy.And Spalletti feels Arsenal’s interest was never entirely serious but it still unsettled the 29-year-old winger. Inter boss Luciano Spalletti slams Arsenal and claims they tried to ‘con’ Ivan Perisic Perisic was left out of Inter’s squad to face Torino amid the transfer rumours (Picture: Getty)‘There was this story on the market, but he is a professional, understands his role and yesterday it was already a very different mood,’ Spalletti told RAI Sport.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘These things happen in the transfer window, the player received an impressive proposal and was tempted.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘However, he then realised it was not a true offer, that he’d been conned, and took a step back.‘Now he’ll resume training and as soon as his mind is back fully on Inter, we’ll let him play.’ Commentcenter_img Metro Sport ReporterThursday 31 Jan 2019 11:50 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link619Shares Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Thai couple break kissing record

first_imgLifestyleRelationships Thai couple break kissing record by: – February 15, 2011 Share Sharing is caring! BBC News A Thai couple has sealed a new record for the longest kissing, after locking lips for 46 hours, 24 minutes.The Guinness World Records still have to verify the latest “kissathon” for it to become official.Husband and wife team Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat were one of 14 couples taking part in a contest in Pattaya.The pair won a diamond ring worth 50,000 baht (£1,016) and a 100,000 baht (£2,032) cash prize.The couple began smooching at 0600 local time on Sunday, and were announced the winners just before dawn on Tuesday.Contestants had to be either married or a serious couple, with a marriage certificate or letter from both parents required as proof.They were allowed to eat, drink and use the lavatory, provided they did not break their embrace.No sitting or sleeping was permitted; one woman fainted just half an hour into the competition.“We want to show that love is meaningful and powerful,” said organiser Somporn Naksuetrong.“It’s not easy to stand there and kiss for that long. They really have to help each other and support each other.”The previous record for the longest continuous kiss of just over 32 hours was set in 2009 by a couple in Germany. 59 Views   no discussionscenter_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more

‘Pusher’ falls in buy-bust

first_imgPalmes – resident of the village – wasnabbed after he sold a sachet of suspected illegal drugs to an undercover copfor P500 around 3:30 a.m. on Feb. 27, it added. Suspected shabu weighing about fourgrams valued at around P32,000 was seized from 26-year-old Elester Palmes inBarangay Mansilingan, a police report showed. The suspect was detained in thecustodial facility of Police Station 2, facing charges for violation ofRepublic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will befile against Palmes./PNcenter_img BACOLOD City – He allegedly sold illegaldrugs.last_img read more

The Jockey Club in record prize money contributions

first_img GVS targets ‘equine support’ with new finance service August 18, 2020 Related Articles Jockey Club donates 10,000 Grand National tickets to NHS April 3, 2020 Submit StumbleUpon Share Share ITV Racing to host virtual Grand National March 30, 2020 The Jockey Club has announced a record £4.2m increase in prize money contributions in 2018, with Jockey Club Racecourses (JCR) also set to commit £27.1m to prize money from its own resources, at all levels of the sport and subject to abandonments.Total race values spread across its 15 strong racecourse portfolio is set to exceed £53m, another record, and representing an £8m rise year on year.Paul Fisher, Chief Executive of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “This is The Jockey Club’s largest ever commitment to horsemen and we really hope that will also translate into good news for racing fans alike.“I’m very proud of our people who have worked hard to achieve the commercial results we need to be able to offer this. Because we already put all of our money back into the sport, we can only increase our prize money contribution if we create the commercial returns to do so.“Some people might think that our prize money is all about the highest race classes or at one or two racecourses, but these figures demonstrate another step forward in our commitment to supporting British Racing at all levels.”The Jockey Club has also announced record race values of £153,000 per fixture across its 348 offering for next year, a 15% year on year increase on 2017s £133,000. Philip Freedman, Chairman of The Horsemen’s Group, which represents racehorse owners, trainers, stable staff, breeders and jockeys, said: “Horsemen are obviously delighted by the increase in The Jockey Club’s prize money contribution for 2018. “The minimum guarantees at every fixture, and at enhanced levels on Sundays, should ensure that these fixtures are attractive not only to owners, but also to race goers and the betting public, to the benefit of all those whose livelihoods depend on the health of the sport.”The Jockey club has broken down its headline figures, explaining what the record numbers will offer:       Every JCR fixture will offer at least £40,000 in total race values.       Every Sunday fixture run at JCR will offer at least £65,000 in total race values.       Every JCR fixture will include at least one race worth £10,000 or more, while 83% of the group’s fixtures will have at least two per fixture, up from 58% in 2017.       Every JCR ‘small course’ will have at least one fixture previously worth c£55,000 boosted to £80,000 or more from 2018, meaning that every JCR small course will stage at least four fixtures worth £80,000 or more next year (2017: 22 JCR small course fixtures worth £80,000 or more; 2018: 91% increase to 42 JCR small course fixtures at that value).       Despite the significant reduction of the industry’s Divided Race Fund, Jockey Club Racecourses will continue to invest to divide all races that reach the required number of declarations and are eligible to divide, creating a second and equal prize money opportunity and helping to reduce eliminations.last_img read more